Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Cornbread

This recipe is from a family cook book. I like to serve this with my potato cheese soup, which is also on my recipe blog. I don't always use an iron skillet to prepare this, but when I do, the crust turns out much crispier and better!

1C cornmeal
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1C milk
1/2 tsp. soda
1 small can cream style corn
3-4 jalapeno peppers, cut into pieces (I leave this out...or just put in a tiny bit)
1/4 C grated cheese
1/4 C vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 350. Pour oil into a skillet and heat while preparing other ingredients. Mix meal, salt and eggs. Beat well. Add milk with soda. Add corn, peppers, and 1/2 of cheese. Remove oil from oven, pour hot oil into meal mixture, and mix together. Pour combined mixture into skillet and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 45 min. at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog elements by Deluxe Designs