Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Potato Cheese Soup

This is one of my favorite fast and easy "comfort food" recipes. I got if from a tv show years ago, and have made it many times. I like to serve it with the cornbread recipe that is also on my recipe blog! :)

6 C water
6 chicken bullion cubes
2 lb. bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of celery
1 can of milk (use one of the empty soup cans from above)
1 lb. cubed Velveeta
2 oz. (or more) real bacon bits (I use the bacon bits that come in a jar in the salad aisle)

Bring water to a boil. Dissolve bullion cubes in water. Add hash browns, and boil until tender. Add cans of soup and milk. Add cubed Velveeta and bacon bits. Stir over low heat until Velveeta is melted.

This recipe is super easy, and can also be made in the slow cooker. The only mistake that I have ever made with it, was heating it too quickly, and scorching it because of the milk and cream soups, so just don't heat too quickly! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog elements by Deluxe Designs